2 Cups Almond Flour
2 Tb Unsweetened Raw Cacao Powder
½ Cup Coconut Oil (Melted)
2 Cups Cooked Beetroot – Roughly 5 Small Beets(Diced)
180g Block of Organic Dark Chocolate (70%+ Cacao)
¾ Cup Maple Syrup
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Avocado Chocolate Frosting
1 Ripe Avocado
½ Cup Unsweetened Raw Cacao Powder
½ Cup Maple Syrup
¼ Cup Melted Organic Dark Chocolate (70%+ Cacao)
- Place peeled Beets in a saucepan with water and gently simmer until tender which takes approximately 20 minutes. Allow to cool before use.
- Pre-heat oven to 190C degrees and grease a round cake tin with coconut oil. Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a simmering pot of water and set aside to cool a little. In the food processor using the blade function mix the eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add Beetroot slowly whilst the food processor is on and allow the ingredients to combine. In a separate bowl combine all the dry ingredients. Add melted chocolate to food processor and pulse for 15 seconds. Then add dry ingredients gradually until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and bake for 25-30 minutes. Place on cooling rack once finished.
- For the frosting place all ingredients in the food processor and pulse until smooth and glossy. It sits better when thick but feel free to add a little filtered water.