Creamy papaya smoothie infused with lime, ginger, carrot and coconut milk! Just 6 ingredients in this nutrient-rich, naturally-sweetened smoothie – perfect for breakfast or a snack.
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups (215 g) frozen ripe papaya cubes
- 1 small ripe banana, previously peeled, sliced and frozen
- 1-2 tsp minced ginger (to taste)
- 2 limes, juiced (~1/4 cup or 60 ml)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) carrot juice
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) light coconut milk
- optional: 1-2 Tbsp (15-30 ml) agave nectar (or other sweetener of choice)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until creamy and smooth, adding more carrot juice or coconut milk if it has trouble blending.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more banana (or agave) for sweetness, lime for acidity, or ginger for zing.
- Enjoy immediately. Store leftovers covered in the fridge for 24 hours, or freeze into popsicles for longer term storage.