This looks AMAZING! I cannot wait to try this one myself, I am imagining a sweet, creamy dream right here! Thanks to Bec Mudridge from A Healthy Happy Life for this beauty!
Using beautiful, in season, local custard apples in a fresh twist on an old favourite, the apple crumble. Served with the lovely local Maleny Dairies cream.
• 3 large ripe custard apples
• 2 large or 3 medium green apples
• 1 stick cinnamon
• 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
• 2 cups organic oats
• ½ cup almond meal
• 2 tablespoons chia seeds
• 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
• ½ cup raw organic virgin coconut oil
• ½ cup spelt flour
• 1 cup organic desiccated coconut
• 1 cup dark coconut sugar
• 1 large apple crumble baking dish (or 2 smaller ones)
• Maleny Dairies cream to serve (or coconut yoghurt for dairy allergies/vegan)
• Preheat oven to 180`c
• Break open custard apples and remove flesh, making sure to remove the seeds, place in a deep saucepan.
• Wash and chop the apples into bite sized pieces, place in saucepan with custard apples.
• Cover with water and place in cinnamon stick and 3 tabelspoons coconut sugar.
• Simmer slowly on a medium low heat until apples have collapsed slightly. Remove from heat, remove cinnamon stick.
• In a bowl combine the oats, flour, sugars, coconut oil , desiccated coconut, chia seeds and cinnamon. Mix together really well.
• Pour the apple mixture into the baking dish.
• Top with the crumble mixture, press down gently to make sure it is evenly and neatly topping all the apple mixture.
• Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until the crumble on top has a nice rich, golden colour to it.
• Remove and serve while still warm with fresh Maleny Dairies cream.