Organic Tangello – 500g
Aside from their sweet and zesty taste, another reason that you should consider eating tangelos is that they can offer you a handful of health benefits. Tangelos, being the hybrid of the tangerine and pomelo/grapefruit, contain the nutritional benefits of both of these fruits. Here are a few of the nutrients and minerals that you can get from this fruit and how they can contribute to your health:
- Vitamin A. Tangelos contain a considerable amount of vitamin A, which is essential for visual health. It may also help protect against macular degeneration, which is the leading cause of age-related blindness.
- Vitamin C. Like other citrus fruits, tangelos are rich in vitamin C. This vitamin is extremely important due to its contribution to the immune system’s optimal function. Inadequate vitamin C in the body often leads to lower resistance against pathogens and viruses, which causes a heightened susceptibility to infections and diseases.9
- Flavanones. Flavonoids are important nutrients that have antioxidant properties. Tangelos contain flavanones, a specific type of flavonoid, which helps in minimizing the risk of strokes and other cardiovascular diseases.
- Calcium, potassium and magnesium. Getting adequate amounts of these minerals is essential for the body’s skeletal and cardiovascular function. Calcium is important for the strength of the bones and teeth and may also help in regulating blood pressure. These minerals together have also been observed to reduce the risk of hypertension.
- Dietary fiber. Tangelo contains high amounts of dietary fiber, which is important for smooth digestion. High-fiber foods may also aid in the prevention of hypertension, obesity and stroke. It can also help in lowering the blood sugar levels in the body.